Sunday, January 8, 2012

Saints versus Lions Game

Our family are HUGE Saints fans.  Last night was the first round of playoff games for them.  My parents and my Mother-in-Law came over for some good eating and some good football.  My dad recently has been talking about when he visited my brother in New Zealand eating Meat Pies there.  He says they were fabulous.  So, I decided I would try my hand at some.  Only, I waited to the last minute to start researching them.  I feel after making this recipe, I need to do some more research. These were not bad, but nothing to make me get all excited over.  To me, this recipe tasted like eating a Sloppy Joe in Puff Pastry.  So, if any of you have some good recipes or tips for meat pies, please leave me some comments on them. 

Our Saints game food consisted of Meat Pies, Sausage & Cheese Croissant Pastries, Turkey and Swiss Sandwiches, Cheetoes, Chips, Rotel Dip, Ranch Dip, Pizza & Chicken Nuggets for the kids, Jambalaya, Twice Baked Potato Bites and Chocolate Picnic Cake. 


This is the recipe link I used. 

I used ground deer meat (I'm not a big cow meat eater).  I also bought my puff pastry dough at the grocery.  I doubled the recipe to be sure I had enough to feed everyone.  I also used large muffin tins to bake mine in.  I didn't have any other type baking dish that was similar to the ones I was seeing in some of the recipes. 



The Saints won.

No comments:

Post a Comment